SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cawfecup

siblings close in age???

cawfecup
16 years ago

I was discussing this with my MIL the other day ...

My 3 youngest stepchildren are less than 3 years apart in age .... 12 almost 10 almost 9....

I was saying they are treated like triplets. If one gets something so do the other 2 ... they are not treated like individuals. If one needs shoes they all get shoes. If one needs a haircut they all get haircuts. etc. etc.

Everything ... if one wants to play a sport the other 2 have to be signed up for something to even if they don't want to join an activity we are expected to give the 3rd child the money for his own use. ex.. $100 for baseball $100 for gymnastics ... the 3rd doesn't want to do "anything" but he wants the $100 to buy 2 video games. I said no he flipped out.

We concluded thats why "they are so expensive". Its all about fairness with them ... if one gets something the others flip out.... if they don't get something.

Not sure if its because they are close in age or because its the 3 of them...because they share the same set parents? Versus my 2 who are 7 years apart but I could buy for one and not have to buy for the other with out having to hear complaining. And I can get something for the oldest SD 18 and not have to get anyone else anything.

So to others with children just about the same age ... do you have a buy for one buy for all policy or can you get something for one and not the others... like haircuts or shoes ... stuff that child needs...not wants.

Comments (24)