SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyndalu_gw

You're not gonna believe.......

lyndalu
16 years ago

YouÂre just not gonna believe my good luck and what I got!!

I got about 350 POUNDS of stained glass for $50 off of craigs list!!!!

It had been awhile since I checked out the site, and the listing I saw was about 10 days old. It was a stained glass studio in Naples  the subject was  Stained Glass $50. And the description was that they had 6 or 7 tubs of stained glass pieces, and were running out of room in their warehouse. I thought she was asking $50 per tubÂ.but nooooÂ.it was $50 for ALL of it. I also thought it was probably already gone  but I was the only person to respond!

There were 6 HUGE boxes  it was difficult for the two of us to lift them off the dolly into the back of my SUV  and it filled up the back of my SUV (Toyota 4-runner with the back seats down, too). I managed to get one of the little bit smaller boxes onto my scale, and it weighed 56 poundsÂ.and I know some of the other boxes were much heavierÂthus my guesstimate of 350 pounds.

ThereÂs just every color and texture of glass that I could imagine. ItÂs freakin gorgeous! I am soooo excited!!!! And some really nice size pieces, too. The biggest pieces are 14" x 16" Â thereÂs about 20 of those. IÂve been sorting them by color. I have no idea how IÂm going to store all this.

And of course, you know that up until now IÂve been a "plate person". But I can hardly wait to get started with the glass  you guys have sooooo inspired me to work with glass  with your beautiful, beautiful work. And now thereÂs no excuse!!

Just had to share this with you guysÂ.did I mention how excited I am?? IÂll try to take some pictures, if you would likeÂ.?

OmgÂthis is the longest post IÂve ever written. Okay, IÂll quit now.

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH