SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
big_orange_vol_

MTPS Lecture - you're gonna love this!

big_orange_vol_
18 years ago

I messed up by starting this post as "Hey Marty" and it looks like nobody has hit it except Jan and I. So I started it again under a different heading but pasted our rplies to this thread in hopes that you guys will check it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

RE: Hey Marty!

* Posted by: soeur z6b TN (My Page) on Mon, Apr 24, 06 at 19:18

I'll be talking about native plants that are great garden subjects for shade, including dry shade -- even difficult places like under pine trees. There will be some to show, and others that folks can view at their leisure on a laptop slideshow. I'll cover how to grow them, and also explore happy combinations, like what goes great with hosta, hellebores, etc. Mostly it'll focus on perennials, but I'll include some shrubs, too. And I'll answer questions at the end as usual, I guess.

How's that sound?

Marty

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

* Posted by: jan_hobbs z6a TN, USA (My Page) on Mon, Apr 24, 06 at 19:32

Wonderful!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

* Posted by: big_orange_vol_ Nashville (jtoothmanindadj@comcast.net) on Mon, Apr 24, 06 at 22:57

You nailed it girl! I need all the shade help I can get and I'm relatively certain that I'm not alone.

Plus, a big THANKS from Jan and me for being such a help to us. You're the best!

So everyone, unless your yard is totally devoid of trees, here is an excellent opportunity to hear a lecture and see a sideshow from the master! I bet that Marty even has handouts for those of us that are too stupid to remember what she said by the time we get home.

There are so many options for shade other than Hosta (which I love) like Azaleas and Rhodies, Ferns, Bleeding Hearts, Bougainvillea, Astilbe, Ivy, Phlox, Oak Leaf Hydrangea, ...and all the things I plant that wilt in full sun and then have to transplant before they die on me.

If you have ever heard Marty speak before then you already know what a treat is in store for you. If you haven't heard Marty then let me say that this will be one of the most informative and comprehensive lectures you've ever listened to so bringing a pen and paper to take notes is advised.

We are so fortunate to have Marty as a GW member, lecturer and friend!!! Make sure that you give her major props and a pat on the back. when you see her.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County