SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigorangevol

What stuff are you bringing to the MTPS?

bigorangevol
16 years ago

I figured it was time to crank this thread up again. Last years had about 60 replies so let's start a fresh one.

"What Stuff" includes your plants (all swapping items) and food. Let 'er rip!

We've got:

Iris

Daylilies

Hosta

Cannas

Bee Balm

Crinum

Peach trees

Coneflower

...and a bunch of other stuff; maybe even some surprises!

I know that I say this every swap but this time I'm really going to try and bring my 'naner puddin'.

I don't use calf slobber on top so if you're into Meringue you're out of luck.

Comments (93)

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

What sort of junk, Jennifer? (she asked acquisitively....)

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow, I'm diggin' this! It looks like we are going to have quite a massive variety of cool plants as usual. Ya'll never cease to amaze me.

• Related Discussions

Spring Swap 2011 - What are you bringing? What do you want?

Q

Comments (134)
    Hi Ya'll, It's here! The swap is tommorrow! Woopee! I'll bet everyone will have more fun than a centipede at a foot tickling party! LLLOL! jclepine: I had asked for some pineapple mint & a poppy.If you can't get the poppy may I have some cherry bells? If you have enough I'll share some with a friend of mine. I'll be happy with any plants I can get. b2alicia: thanks.The more I keep up with these swaps the better I'll learn the "lingo" LOL. I have a small strawberry pot. It only has 2-3 side holes. I'll bring it with me so U can see it. Would anyone like some of those grayish egg cartons(the 18 count type)that come from walmart? I'll bring some with me.("will trade for fresh eggs"? 3-4 empty for 1 w/eggs?? Yeah right! LOL lattefairy:yeah for the mint & tansey! thanks! billie_ladybug: wow! you must have a big truck to be able to bring all of that stuff. I have my bins loaded for the manure & plenty of room for the pots. If you need help unloading your stuff I'll be glad to help. kvenkat:May I put dibs on a yellow eve primrose,persian spining primrose, morning glory/star yelta,& an apricot daisy? I think I left you off of my wish list. If I asked you this before just disreguard this. catnohat:WOW! I can't wait to see all my plants! Thanks! Well I better stop so I can get up early & head for the swap. I will be bringing: juice,pimento cheese,crackers,a cheese dip,chips & plates. I have several boxes I will bring to share if anyone needs one. Thats it(I think) goodnight all. See you in the AM ! %):>
    ...See More

wanted: you at the mtps

Q

Comments (2)
    Hi, Okay question if you set up for a swap with some one that is coming how do you find them. I guess how to guide. Thanks, Cindy
    ...See More

What stuff are you bringing to the MTPS?

Q

Comments (59)
    Hey Jeff - it looks like I will be bringing at least two kids, so can definitely help you out with whatever you need. I see that the gate won't be open until 8 AM, so even though it is only about 60 miles (??) will probably leave out of here about 6 AM - drive slow, try not to get lost, etc. :) But wanted to let you know for sure that the offer still stands - ANYTHING you need help with, just let me know okay? That's not a for-courtesy's-sake thang, for real - ANYTHING, just holler or point and grunt or whatever :) I'm bringing seeds... seeds... seeds... some fresh Brug cuttings (not rooted), some "peat pot pellets", I'm in debate on whether I should bring any hostas or not? They are plain jane Hostas, no variegation, not blue - just solid green shade-lovers and not a name-known cultivar... but I see them listed by several folks so I'm not sure how redundant hostas would be to bring? I saw someone had listed Lyre-leaf Sage to bring... and I suddenly felt stupid. Is this a plant that others would like? I mean, not that I dislike the plant, not at all - but it grows wild on the five acres here and I end up cutting it with the bush hog when I'm mowing... I hadn't actually thought of cultivating it. Should I dig up some of those??? It's native here in TN, I just ASSuMEd that "everyone" had it popping up in their yards. Hermit
    ...See More

Stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff!

Q

Comments (61)
    "Just wait until you have to pack up all that crap and move it." My SIL just bought a retirement home so they are decluttering their current house as a preparation for selling it--she keeps telling me she can't believe how much STUFF she's got to get rid of. When I go to their house I always admire how it looks nicely organized and without extraneous things all over. However, I also admire her tons of closets and storage space which she says leads to keeping, you guessed it, all that stuff LOL. I've decided I will play a mental game this summer and pretend we have to move; maybe that will be my motivation to get rid of much unnecessary and unused stuff in our house! I use the holidays and shopping for gifts to satisfy any yen I may have to be a retail hunter/gatherer. The past few years I increasingly feel as if I am gorging myself after staying on a careful and healthy diet; by the time January comes I feel so psychically bloated from all the shopping /buying that I need another year to rest up and recover! It's interesting to me to watch my young adult daughter who is setting up her first home. She loveslovesloves Home Goods, Marshalls, Pier 1 etc. And when I go with her I usually find stuff I could easily buy. I have a rule that I can't take anything from those places home the day I see it. That usually short circuits the purchase, I'm rarely motivated enough to fight the traffic and crowds to go back a second time!
    ...See More
  • bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I've potted a whole bunch of Hostas that are either Emily Dickinson or Summer Fragrance.

Three huge clumps of Spiderwort

A bunch of Yellow Jasmine

Chives

Two varigated Iris (light purple)

Purple Bee Balm

Red Bee Balm

Peach trees

Liriope

...and I'm still diggin' stuff!

• tngreenthumb
    16 years ago

Added a few more things to my list today...

In addition to the things I mentioned above I now have:

Convulvus
    Black Elephant Ears
    Mixed poppies
    Moon Beam Coreopsis
    Corkscrew willow and Pussy willow whips (rooted I hope)

Still poking around....

Hey..How quickly does lilac root? Got one smelling soooo good right now.

• farmerbell
    16 years ago

Joe, are the poppies annual or perennial? If perennial, what color?

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

....Purple Coneflower

Rudbeckia

Shasta Daisy

assorted Iris and Daylilies

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Joe is that Black Magic elephant ear?

• tngreenthumb
    16 years ago

The poppies are assorted annuals. They reseed pretty well though. They are assorted pinks and reds. You can see some of them here and the page that follow that one.

I'm not 100% sure on the Elephant ears. We bought one scrawny little root at Home Depot in the "cast off" pile and it has done well and multiplied heavily. They are hardy here in Nashville and start of green then turn black in the sunshine. I think they are the "Illustris" variety. They don't make a bulb so much as a mass of roots running everywhere.

From what I understand the Black Magic are too tender to leave in the ground around here.

• groundplum
    16 years ago

ok I am new and would like to know where is the MTPS. I would love to attend

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I shot you an email Marta.

I went and picked up some stuff for the swap from Barb Batson today because she won't be able to make it. She gave me some huge clumps of Hemerocallis fulva Daylilies (orange ditch lily); Several Cedar trees of really nice size; some Yellow Buttons Tansy and a bag of Vinca Major Vine which makes great groundcover.

She is looking for red Cannas; Rosemary; Sage; Pennyroyal; Fennel and tall ornamental grasses with a bit of color.

I will have her stuff on my table if you are interested.

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Dang, I lost my Black Magic EE. I had mine in the ground and it came back one year and then I lost it because I didn't mulch that fall.

Today, I dug some Hostas and Black and Blue Salvias. I still have Daylilies, Iris, and Cannas to dig, but will wait until the day before to dig them.

• veggielover
    16 years ago

hi Everyone:)

So Far I have:
    Cannas,(President, City of Portland, and Florence Vaughn)
    Dahlia (blusette)
    Daylily (Crimson Pirate)
    Cala Lily (Purple Sensation)
    Clematis (The president)
    Ribbon grass (Green and White)
    Hosta (Undulata) (Minute Man)
    Begonias (Double Red)

That Is all I have for now, But I am sure that I will add to it over the next weeek.
    Can't wait to see everybody!!

• irisaddict
    15 years ago

Amazindirt,

I'm hoping to bring some iris or other things you will want to trade for those hostas.

Evelyn

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

Thanks Evelyn!

It looks like I'll have a ton of named hostas. I'll try to put up a list tonight or tomorrow. The place I'm moving to seems to make bearded iris happy, so I'm kind of in the market for nice ones. :-) I have several Japanese and Siberian and Louisiana irises already, but I haven't been able to grow beardeds well here on my current soggy clay!

Oh Dan, if you're reading this -- I got a pot of Iris ensata 'Darling' at the UT sale this past weekend. If you want a piece, just let me know!

• april_h_o April Moore
    15 years ago

I've updated my exchange page, so please go there. :-) I'm bringing white penstemons, an Amsonia hubrechti, Miss Huff hardy Lantana, birdseed sunflowers, and black-eyed Susans, but there's plenty more I can bring, if you want them.

Not sure about food, probably a broccoli casserole.

• dodsky
    15 years ago

Ione,

I'm going to try and make it to the swap, so hold onto that Iris ensata 'Darling' for me! :-)

Marianne, I'm sending you an email.

Dan

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

Okay, this is what I've got potted so far. Things keep coming up so I'm way behind -- as usual! -- but I hope to get more done tomorrow.

crinum, young bulbs, no ID
    Hosta 'Ki Nakafu Otome'
    Hosta 'Blue Mouse Ears'
    Hosta 'Stiletto'
    Hosta 'Little Sunspot'
    Hardy geranium, no ID, light lavendar bloom
    Hosta 'Earth Angel'
    Hosta 'Zounds'
    Hosta 'Piedmont Gold'
    Hosta 'Sum and Substance'
    Hosta 'Love Pat'
    Hosta 'Paul's Glory'
    things with orange leaf stalks, I forget the name but I'll look it up later, similar to philodendrons
    bromeliad, solid green, no ID, tough bugger
    lizard's tail
    rhizomatous begonia, no ID but looks like 'Tiger Kitten'
    Hosta 'Fragrant Blue'
    Coleus 'Trailing Plum'
    Coleus 'Molten Lava'
    Coleus 'Red Ruffles'

More tomorrow, I hope!

• farmerbell
    15 years ago

Ione, I am interested in your hosta 'Paul's Glory'. Maybe we can work something out.

Ann

• farmerbell
    15 years ago

I have what I think is Japanese roof iris - likes partial shade. It looks like the picture in the link below. Interested?

• ladybug37091
    15 years ago

Farmerbell, Please do bring the Jap. roof iris. I would love to have some. What are you looking for in exchange? Rhonda

• lovehydrangeas
    15 years ago

purple Rose of Sharon
    orange daylillies
    purple iris
    ivy
    bamboo poles
    baskets
    gardening magazine
    pieces of slate w/ inspirational words painted on them - joy, love, hope, etc.
    lambs ear
    creeping jenny
    lilies of the valley
    autumn sedum - red
    tall spikey plant w/ little purple flowers - perennial
    mystery plant from my mom that I hope to get identified

I would love anything shade garden loving, especially hostas & ferns

I'm bringing homemade bread and a veggie tray/dip for the potluck.

See everyone there! I was a newbie last year and loved the swap. My friend & I are coming again on Friday and staying Saturday as well. Annual girl's camping trip!

Emmy

• cherrisa
    15 years ago

Well everything of mine died last year during the drought :(

I do have various bearded iris I have a lot of shade so I think they need to go for something else. One is actually blooming this year and it is an extremely dark purple. almost black. The others I dont' know what they are. I have some japanese roof iris that I can bring and a couple of mini bumble bee iris I have to move into more sun so I"m bringing a couple to trade.

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

Here's my current list, including what I potted up today. I've got several people interested in trades from this list, so please bear with me while I figure everything out. :-)

I should be potting up more tomorrow and Friday, so Stay Tuned!

Hosta 'Ki Nakafu Otome'
    Hosta tokudama flavocircinalis
    Hosta 'Blue Mouse Ears'
    Hosta 'Stiletto'
    Hosta 'Little Sunspot'
    Hosta 'Earth Angel'
    Hosta 'Zounds'
    Hosta 'Piedmont Gold'
    Hosta 'Sum and Substance'
    Hosta 'Love Pat'
    Hosta 'Paul's Glory'
    Hosta 'Fragrant Blue'
    Coleus 'Trailing Plum'
    Coleus 'Molten Lava'
    Coleus 'Red Ruffles'
    Iris louisiana 'Colorific'
    Iris ensata either 'Himatsuri' or Gracieuse', don't know which
    Iris ensata variegata
    Iris ensata 'Prairie Glory'
    Iris ensata 'Darling' -- for Dan
    Iris siberica 'Tropic Night'
    dwarf bearded iris, probably 'Stitch Witch' but maybe 'Yo Yo'
    Dwarf bearded iris, either 'Stitch Witch' or 'Yo Yo', don't know which
    hardy Geranium, no ID, pink striped flowers
    Hardy geranium, no ID, light lavendar flowers
    Amaranthus cruentus (Polish amaranth)
    crinum, young bulbs, no ID
    things with orange leaf stalks, I forget the name but I'll look it up later, similar to philodendrons
    bromeliad, solid green, no ID, tough bugger
    lizard's tail
    rhizomatous begonia, no ID but looks like 'Tiger Kitten'

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

Can you give me more info about your clivias and bromeliads? Thanks in advance!

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

btw everyone --

If you're interested in pre-arranging trades, PLEASE look at my big plant list on my GW members' exchange list and let me know if there's anything you're interested in. Although I'm starting to dig a few things up in preparation for my move, there is TONS of stuff that I won't be bringing to the swap unless somebody tells me they want it!

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dang Doc from the looks of things I thought that you WERE bringing it all!!!

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

"All" would take several moving vans. I'll let you know just how many moving vans after I actually get it "all" moved to Lebanon!

• tngreenthumb
    15 years ago

I've never tried to "move it all". I'll take some of the more favored items, but any time I've moved I look at the new place as a blank canvas to paint my next masterpiece on.

Then too, I'm not so much a "collecter of things" as some people are. If it looks good, and I have a place for it, I'll get it. And I tend to be a Darwinian gardener. Survival of the fittest. *grin*

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

I'm definitely a collector. Fortunately, the majority of my plants are in pots -- but I'm still gonna have a lot of things to dig up, notably a whole vanload of roses and clematis and hostas!

• tly59
    15 years ago

Hello everyone - this is a note from the newbee who brought the unusual garlic last year -

I am THRILLED about the change of venue - I got lost last year trying to get there... and it is closer for me also (coming from Franklin)

I have a friend coming from KY - she wants to know if anyone is interested in Stella Doro (sp?) lilies - hers need dividing badly.

I will bring more of the garlic - did anyone have any luck with what they took last year? I had garlic all winter from my patch - I do not know the variety - and would love to have it identified! I will bring more than I did last year since it was very popular!

My garden work at this place began 3 years ago, so I do not have tons to bring - but I will have two or three of a few things - I'm not good at the specific names like some of you on the list are -

Garlic
    Lambs ear

purple Japanese iris (the kind that just started blooming here)
    Cat nip (beautiful purple flowers!)
    several irises - large yellow and purple irises, smaller lavendar iris, and a white top/purple bottom iris

I have several kinds of organic heirloom vegetable seeds I got from Bakers Creek that I will share - some just came with more than I can dream of planting and taking care of - spring greens, melons, squashes, etc.

I am learning to start plants from seed and B. Creek sent me a free packet of a green Japanese eggplant that I have sucessfully started several seedlings of - I will bring some of those and would love advice on how to take good care of these and get them to the "grown-up" plant stage!

I will trade for just about any hosta, lily, fern, clematis or iris I do not have.

And I just have to find someone to share some Shasta Daisies - I tried starting them from seed, and so far they look pretty puny :(. It is one of my favorite flowers!

I am so excited and looking forward to Saturday!!!

Teena in Franklin

• veggielover
    15 years ago

Few more items

I have corkscrew grass
    Commom rush grass
    Iris Im not very good with them, but I have a Light yellow, light purple, and a purple/tan colored one.
    Yellow/green ribbon grass
    Stella D oro Lillies (yellow) and they are about to bloom any day now.

Amazin dirt, I would love your lil sunspot, earth angel hosta. Please let me know if I have anything you would like to swap for it.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'll dig a mess of Shasta's tonight.

• tngreenthumb
    15 years ago

Teena: My wife wanted some of that garlic but was too slow. We'd love some of that and the Stella D'Oro daylillies as well. We've got another 300 feet of road frontage to cover with something and she wants to do it in mostly daylillies. So any and all are welcomed! (Oh, and I should have a couple of Shasta daisies if that's what it takes to get the garlic this time.) *grin*

• tly59
    15 years ago

okay , tn green thumb, you are the second request! I may have it all traded before I get there!

I'm sure you will have something I can trade for - I'm easy to please - and fairly new at the flower gardening stuff.

Teena

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

I got a huge box of coleus and scented geranium cuttings from UT this afternoon. If anyone wants some, cmon over to my table and pick em up!

• mari5us
    15 years ago

Hi Teena,
    I'd love to request some of your garlic too, if you have enough for three. Please look at my list to bring and I have more plants to list too.
    thanks,
    Marianne

• juantia
    15 years ago

I have a list of plants and things I would be willing to trade for. Here we go:
    tomatoe plants (beef,cherry,patio,brandy,rudgers)
    basil
    thyme
    oregano
    sage
    rosemary
    cannas yellow and orange
    hollyhocks
    tropical hibiscus orange & red(cant winter outside)
    fern pourch type
    red & green and white & green caladiums.

indoor plants (cant remember the name)
    aloe
    begonia (2 kinds)
    jade

Non-plant items
    Soap (homemade)
    scarfs
    blackberry jam seeds or less seeds,jelly jar
    blackberry in Chambord,jelly jar
    gourd dipper
    gourd purple martin medium and large
    And this is what I'm looking for:
    Angle Trumpets (any kind any color Dads favorite)
    Any herbs I dont have ie chamomile, fennel, ask
    "hens& chickens" I would like a lot of them
    Heirloom veggies
    Iris(any color)
    Purple coneflowers
    bee balm (all colors)
    Fox gloves
    Elephant Ears
    Begonia (any kind)
    Indoor plants
    Pecan tree
    Bay tree
    Cherry tree
    Hosta
    Gourds

NON-PLANT ITEMS
    gardening,craft,herb,quilting books/magazines
    Steven King books
    buttons any kind any color

Let me know if we can work out a trade. Juanita

• tly59
    15 years ago

I would love some of the coleus and scented geranium cuttings from UT! What do you want to trade? Please put my name on 2 of each if you have enough!

Teena

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

Hiya Teena --

I'll have tons -- and tons -- and tons. :-)

• dlhl
    15 years ago

I'm bringing lamb's ear, Stella D'Oro, iris, and purple shamrock. Will probably bring chicken casserole or maybe chicken salad and croissants and chips for lunch. My mother and I are really excited about our first swap!!

• andi956
    15 years ago

Wow. As a newbie I am overwhelmed--in a good way.

I only have some columbine babies. Some are the purple winky (I think that's it) and the others are...well..they've grown talk--maybe 4' high and are yellow/orange and the flowers hang down.

I also have lots of sedum angelina babies.

I could dig up some liarope, vinca, or lambs ear if anyone wanted it. They may be too basic for this group. BUT, if anyone wants them, just holler and I'll dig some up!

I hope to bring a bread pudding or apple pie for the pot luck although since we're dessert heavy maybe something else is in order.

I've never come before and know little about the proper set up. I was just going to bring little dixie cups for my
    babies. I need to get online and review everything!

I would love to get any easy growing cottage-type plants. I love daisies, purple cone flower, hollyhocks and things that are a little messy. My hostas died in last year's killer frost so some of those might be good. Anything that bears fruit/vegetables would be cool as I'm trying to do that, too. Oh...or herbs.

Very excited to meet (and learn from) everyone.

• Dave Townsend
    15 years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow for the first time. Here is my final list.

Russian Sage
    Red Twig Dogwood (I only have two of these)
    Japanese Dappled Willow (Salix integra)
    Euonymous fortunei ('Emerald Gaiety')
    Blue Spruce Sedum
    Purple Leaf Plum
    Nandina (courtesy of the birds)
    Chrysanthemums (I don't have a clue what color they are!)

Everything but the nandina came from cuttings. Oh and for food we'll bring some chicken salad.

• columbiajen
    15 years ago

Hi everyone I am new as well. Unfortunately I have to work till Noon tomorrow and will not arrive until about 1:00 Pm or so. I will have several hen and chicks as well as some hellebores. I am looking for anything but would love any shade lovers! I am not picky at this point. I look forward to meeting and learning from all of you. Even though I will miss the potluck I am still gonna bring some cookies, Maybe those that have to travel a long way will want a snack for the road. See you all tomorrow.

• dodsky
    15 years ago

Here's a partial list of what I have available and plan to bring.

A large number of the plants on my list are newly transplanted or are still smaller seedlings. They may require some tender care initially. Pot size may vary and could be as small as 1"x1"x2" cells all of the way up to 3 gallon sizes for certain plants. I've put down my best guess for pot sizes, but with so many plants it's hard to keep track of exact sizes. I am willing to split cell packs if you only need one or two plants from a multi-cell pack.

Please view my "Want List" posted on this site to see what plants and supplies I'm hoping to trade for. I am in short supply of 1, 2, and 3+ gallon plastic pots. If you bring pots to trade, PLEASE make sure they are clean (ie- dirt/plant debris knocked out and no "critters")!

Division or layered division = freshly dug, rooted plant (unless otherwise indicated)

Agastache foeniculum [Anise Hyssop] 2" pots

Alcea rosea [Hollyhock]- biennial, mixed colors, singles and doubles mostly pink, white, burgundy and pink/white bicolors plants. Will bring if time/space allows.

Alcea rosea nigra [Black Hollyhock]- biennial, black single flower 2" pots

Amaranthus "Early Splendor" 2" pots, 6-cell packs

Amaranthus "Illumination" 2" pots, 6-cell packs

Aristolochia fimbriata [Variegated Pipevine / Variegated Dutchman's Pipe] small plants in 2" pots

Aristolochia trilobata [Calico Vine / Dutchman's Pipe] small plants in 2" pots

Asarina scandens- mixed colors 2" pots & 3-cell packs

Aster cordifolius "Wood's Blue" [NY Aster "Wood's Blue]- perennial, 12-16" tall, slowly spreading, fall blooming, gentian blue flowers with gold eye, sun, zones 5-8. 4" pots & 1 gallon pot

Belamcanda chinensis [Blackberry Lily]. small plants in 3" pots

Brachycome, Bravo Series, deep blue w/black eye 2" pots

Briza maxima "Great Quaking Grass" 2" pots & 4" pots

BRUGMANSIA: Depending on available space I may bring cuttings and/or potted plants. Possible cultivars are:
    Single, pink (noid)
    Named cultivars:
    Cotton Candy
    Frosty Pink
    Golden Lady
    Mountain Magic

Buddleja davidii- [Butterfly Bush/Summer Lilac]- medium-dark purple. divided recently and potted (looks rough now but should recover fine)- 1-2 gallon pots

Celosia spicata- [Princess Feather] dark pink & white flowers with burgundy foliage 2" pots and small plants in 6-cell packs

Celosia spicata- [Princess Feather]- light pink/green foliage. Small seedlings in 6-cell packs

Celosia [Cockscomb- burgundy] (large comb, 8"-10" tall plant) 2" pots, small 6-cell packs

Cerinthe major purpurascens [aka Honeywort, Blue Shrimp Plant] 3" pots

Cerinthe major purpurascens "Kiwi" [aka Honeywort, Blue Shrimp Plant] 3" pots

Chasmanthium latifolium [Sea Oats] division- will only bring if arranged for in advance.

Chrysanthemum "Clara Curtis"- hardy mum, peachy/pale pink 4" pots

Coleus, Super Rainbow Series "Red Velvet" small plants in 2" pots

Datura meteloides 'Belle Blanche' - solid white flowers, fragrant, dark blue-green foliage 2" pots

Datura meteloides- double/triple purple (unnamed) 2" pots

Datura meteloides- double yellow (unnamed) in small cells from 6-cell packs

Datura meteloides "Purple Petticoats"- double purple with white interior, ruffled, in 2" pots

Dianthus barbatus [Sweet William]- mix of burgundy, white, pink, red, bicolors in small 3-cell packs

Echinacea purpurea [Purple Coneflower] from "Ruby Star" seed, 1 year old+ plants in quart pots- will only bring a couple of these.

Echinacea purpurea [Purple Coneflower] from red/orange parent plant seed (similar to 'Sundown') very small seedlings in small cell packs

Four OClocks- "Kaleidoscope"- Seeds only. Mixture of fuchsia, white, yellow spotted/swirled blooms that are quick & easy to grow from seed.

Geranium, stellar (similar to 'Vancouver Centennial")- rooted cutting SPECIAL TRADE, 2" pot

Helichrysum bracteatum [Strawflower]- pink, pink/white, yellow/gold (tall plants at maturity 5-7') 2" pots & 3-cell packs

Hibiscus acetosella "Red Shield"- tender perennial/grow as annual. Burgundy foliage, red flowers 2" pots

Hibiscus manihot (Sunset Hibiscus)- tender perennial/grow as annual. Edible, yellow flowers 2" pots

HYDRANGEA:
    Hydrangea quercifolia 'Sikes Dwarf"- plant (newly divided) in 1 & 2 gallon pots, will bring 1-2 of each size

Hydrangea macrophylla, unknown vibrant blue mophead- (all sizes new layered divisions) 1 gallon & 2 gallon, will probably bring 1 of each size

Hydrangea serrata 'Grayswood'- layer rooted division

IOCHROMA:
    Iochroma cyaneum 'Royal Blue'- small rooted cutting/small potted plant SPECIAL TRADE

IRIS, DWARF BEARDED:- If I have time to dig these I will bring them.
    Peach- divisions/rhizomes
    Yellow/White bicolor- divisions/rhizomes
    "Little Red Devil"- dark reddish-purple, early divisions/rhizomes

IRIS, LOUISIANA:
    'Black Gamecock'- blue-black with narrow gold line signal. division

IRIS, SIBERIAN:
    Unknown (lost the name! but it MIGHT be "Rare Jewel") very pretty medium purple/violet, prolific bloomer, strong grower (this is NOT Caesars' Brother) 1 gallon pots (newly divided), 2 gallon pots (newly divided)- will probably bring one of each size

Jasione laevis "Blue Light" from seed- perennial, spiky-globular blue flowers up to 24" ht., zone 6-9 small seedlings

Kerria japonica [Kerria Shrub]- arching branches with double yellow flowers in spring 2 gallon pot, cuttings also available but will only bring if asked for in advance.

Ledebouria socialis- [Silver Squill/Violet Squill]- houseplant division- will only bring if asked for in advance

Mentha x piperita f. citrata 'Chocolate' [Chocolate Mint]- 4" pots

Mimosa pudica [Sensitive Plant] 3-cell packs

MORNING GLORY:
    Scarlet O'hara - seeds only - quick germination and does well direct seeded in spring
    Star of Yelta - seeds only - quick germination and does well direct seeded in spring
    Variegated Japanese- seeds only- deep pink with white rim, strongly variegated green/white foliage; quick germination and does well direct seeded in spring

Muhlenbergia capillaris [Pink/Purple Muhly Grass] from seed- potted plants in 3" pots or quart pots- may bring, but probably only if asked for in advance.

Nigella "Miss Jekyll- Dark Blue" 3-cell packs- small plants

Nepeta cataria [Catnip]- cuttings (easy to root) will only bring if asked.

Nicotiana "Fragrant Cloud"- white flowers, very fragrant 3-cell packs

Origanum vulgare- [Oregano] cuttings (easy to root)- will only bring if asked.

Peony- (herbaceous) dark raspberry/pink, double, fragrant (25+ year old cultivar) potted plants- newly divided, 1 & 2 gallon sizes SPECIAL TRADE

Pepper "Black Pearl" 2" pots, small 3-packs

Salvia greggii [Texas Sage- red]- 4-5' annual, bright red flowers that are very attractive to hummingbirds. 2" pots

Sedum spectabile- medium pink (unnamed) 1 gallon plant

Sunflower (small yellow, multi-branching, 6') 6-cell packs

Talinum paniculatum "Jewels of Opar" 2" pots

Tomato "Brandywine" indeterminate, open pollinated, yellow/red fruit. small plants in 6-cell packs

Tomato "Delicious" 77 days, determinate, medium red fruit. small plants in 6-cell packs

Tomato "Green Zebra" indeterminate, open pollinated, green striped smaller green fruit, tangy. small plants in 6-cell packs

Tomato "Homesweet" 70 days, determinate, very sweet red fruit. small plants in 6-cell packs

Tomato- Large Pink (possibly Pink Brandywine) indeterminate, open pollinated, large pink beefsteak-type fruit. small plants in 6-cell packs

Tomato "Thessaloniki" 70-75 days, indeterminate, resist sun scald & cracking. small plants in 6-cell packs

Zinnia "Giant Doubles Mixed" 2" pots x 4

Zinnia "Royal Purple" 2" pots x 4

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

Here's my list:

Daylilies:
    Highland Lord (red double)
    Land of Cotton (white double)
    Nell Dean (pink double)

Hostas:
    Abby
    Paul's Glory
    Chinese Sunrise
    Guacamole
    Golden Tiara
    Birchwood Parky's Gold
    So Sweet
    Unknown blue

Variegated Tiarella
    Variegated Solomon Seal
    Musa Bordelon
    Oleander (red)
    Tapioca seedlings
    Lillium "Lollypop"
    Salvia Black and Blue
    Various Sedums

I think that's everything.

Rebecca

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

Final update on my list:

Heuchera 'Plum Pudding'
    Strobilanthes (Persian Shield) fresh cuttings
    Christmas Cactus
    Looooooong huernia, unknown spp -- for Rebecca
    Aloe vera cuttings
    Indian hawthorn plant
    Concord grape plant
    Catawba grape plant
    Malva sylvestris seedlings, mixed (probably not just zebrina)
    big blue hosta, lost the tag -- maybe Elegans, but I just dunno

See y'all tomorrow!

• msbatt
    15 years ago

dodsky: I want to put in a bid on the iochroma. I have a couple of named brugmansias you might like. Melon Kisses and Grand Marnier Pink. plus anything else I need to throw in to make the deal. *grin*

• msbatt
    15 years ago

dodsky---I also have Ipomoea indica, just to sweeten the deal. (*(grin*)

• farmerbell
    15 years ago

My updated list:
    daylily 'Japanese Brocade'
    daylily 'Happy Returns'
    daylily 'Night Beacon'
    daylily 'Dark Circle'
    daylily 'Stella de 'Oro'
    elephant ears 'Hilo Beauty' (Ione)
    eucomis (Ione)
    canna 'Pink Sunburst' (Ione, if she wants it)
    musa basjoo (Rebecca, Joe, Marianne, ngraham)I have 10.
    canna 'Cherry Red'
    canna 'Red King Humbert'
    bronze fennel
    sensitive fern
    blue fescue grass
    ornamental grass - tall miscanthus
    zebra grass
    holly shrub or tree - about 3' tall, planted by the birds
    iris, yellow flag, blue tall bearded, Japanese Roof (Rhonda, Ione??)
    winter jasmine
    perilla
    sedum 'Autumn Joy'
    sedum 'Matrona'
    sedum - unknown
    verbena bonariensis
    yucca 'Golden Sword'
    phacelia (Jeff)
    oriental poppies (Jeff)
    amsonia hubrichtii (Jeff)
    dame's rocket seeds (April)
    verbena 'Snowflurry' (Juanita)

There may be some other things I can't remember right now. Interested in hostas, small sedums, hens and chicks, shamrocks with the dark leaves, daylilies and anything I don't have! Aren't we all like that? Gotta' have at least one of every plant. If you have requested something and I have left your name off this list, please remind me. I'm old and don't always remember.

Safe travels - see all of you tomorrow.

Ann

• dodsky
    15 years ago

msbatt,

I'll save an Iochroma "Royal Blue" for you! :-)

I may have a few named brug cuttings and/or plants too. See you at the swap!

Dan

Sponsored