SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chocolatebunny_gw

What can I do with my 'dining room'

chocolatebunny
12 years ago

Hello --

Usually I post on how I can spruce up my kitchen, but today I am focusing my thoughts on our dining room.

Our "dining room", which is right off the kitchen, next to the living room, is currently being used as the kids playroom. In addition to a ton of toys, we have a desk and a computer, which is mainly used for games.

This set up has worked well until now. We have an eat in kitchen and we don't entertain a lot, well, probably because we don't have a lot of room for people to sit and eat.

Part of me wants to turn it back into a formal dining room, but DH thinks that's a waste, since we realistically would only use it a few times a year.

I want to move the toys downstairs so the kids have their own space. I don't want to move the computer downstairs as I want to monitor what the kids are surfing. The kids are 8 and 7.

So besides the computer, what else do I put in there? Our living room currently has a tv. Do I make it more of a study room?

I am really at a loss. If anyone has a dining room that they have made into another room, I would love to see or hear about it.

Thanks!

Comments (7)