SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pps7_gw

Patio update (with pics!) and need advice on finishing touches

pps7
12 years ago

I had posted in the spring about my patio and got great advice here. The past few weeks I've been able to get alot done and I thought I'd post an update.

We got a firetable and I can't wait until spring.

New porch swing:

I painted my old kitchen island and added new hardware.

Rearranged the furniture:

There area few things left that probably won't get done until next summer. First we need a new dining table. That one is falling apart. I was thinking of a round teak table that's the same size as the current one but with extension leaves. For chairs-the Lyle chair from crate and barrel. I need to add a few large planters. I always imagined an area rug, but now I'm not sure where to put it? Under the swing would be the most visible but will that look odd-just floating like that? Another spot would be under the sectional but you would hardly see it. Also there's this large blank space in the uncovered patio under our kitchen window that I'm not sure what to do with. You can kind of see it in this pic-it's to the right of the door.

I could do a window box. DH doesn't think we need any more seating. If we are having a party, we can always pull seating from inside. What about a water feature? Any other ideas? I am going to whitewash the patio brick to match the house.

Comments (11)