SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom1sm2

Life is unfair sometimes

mom1sm2
15 years ago

My dh just called me in tears. He works in the medical field and is working in the ICU today. He just called to say that he loves me. I asked him what was wrong and he said that there is a patient in the hospital who was hit by a drunk driver. The drunk driver was not injured, but the patient is brain dead and soon to be taken off life support. This patient is a parent and has three young kids. My husband unfortunately has to be there to basically watch the spouse and the young kids say goodbye to the other parent. He said it was tearing him up to see their pain. It is so terribly sad. I can't imagine how that poor family must feel. My husband has seen a lot of sad things in his job. He did rounds in the NICU at a children's hospital and saw many times parents say goodbye to their babies. I used to ask him every day how things were. They were always sad so I just started asking if there were any miracles that day.

It makes me feel horrible for all of the petty crap I get mad about or irritated by. I got a little irritated at my DD today for being a slow poke and I am so mad at myself about it. What if I died on my way to get her or if something happened to her God forbid.

I wish I could always remember that the little things do not matter as long as everyone is okay. If I died in a car wreck it would not matter if the bathrooms were clean or I got the whites washed ya know. Sad. Sometimes life sucks. Today I am reminded that life is too short.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio