SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyman_gw

chit-chat Employer fair or unfair?

bunnyman
15 years ago

I've had a boatload of work dumped on me at the factory. This week I was asked to work at home on some reports and then come to work early for a meeting. Hooray?... today they want me to go home early to avoid paying overtime. Others are being paid overtime this week so it is not something unheard of. I'm an hourly person not salaried. I will not be compensated for working at home and never have been. After giving the report yesterday I went back on the floor for 8 hours running machines, supervising people, fixing machines, and mopping the floor. I worked 10 minutes past my shift and then clocked out so I wouldn't be on overtime.

Hard times but my products made $125K net last month. At most my overtime adds up to $1500 a month. I know that is a chunk but I put in the work for it and feel shorted when I'm asked to work off the clock and leave early. Should I throw a fit? I can be replaced only if they want to hire two or three people... my certifications would make that an expensive proposition. Would not be the first time I've cornered a manager and chewed on them... they are frightened because I use big words. LOL!... then get out the dictionary when I'm mad... no kidding!

Should I just shut-up and put-up? Good lordy... I'm a hard worker by choice but not a slave.

Thoughts? Thanks for letting me vent a little.

: )

lyra

Comments (13)