SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salsrod

Soft-Lite Soft-White Color

salsrod
11 years ago

We have spent weeks learning about new vinyl replacement windows, pricing different brands, reading reviews and talking to references. We have looked at Simonton 6500 and 9800, Alside Sheffield(Window World), Wincore,Vinylmax, Seaway and Vista. We have rejected all of these for either too high a price or we weren't sure about the installer.

We have an installer that we like who sells Quaker and Softlite. The Quaker seems like a decent window, and his references give him and the Quaker raving reviews. I just can't find enough on the internet to substantiate that.

Soft-lite seems to be a premium window, that gets great reviews online. My gut tells me to go with the Soft-lite, which is $1700 more than the Quaker for 19 double hung windows.

However, the dealer gave us a sample of each window to test for a few days. For some reason the Soft-White color of the Soft-lite looks almost yellow in some rooms of our house. Our trim is high gloss white, and it seem to be noticeably different.

Has anybody else had Soft-Lite, Soft-White windows installed and noticed this? Or any dealers have a comments on this?

Also we are just trying to decide if the upgrade to Solar-E, from the Low E(regular E) is worth the cost for houses in Tennessee? Our upstairs gets pretty hot it the summer, so we thought we might get them upstairs at least.

Any input would be appreciated. We hope to end these weeks of 'learning' and actually get some windows ordered before the cold weather sets in.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!