SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davey4000

Smell of Smoke in the House

davey4000
16 years ago

This is long, but important. I received this e-mail from an employee this morning. She lives in one end of her mother's house. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Got home last night, hung out with my mother outside in the pool patio for a few. Came back in and as I crossed the threshold from the laundry room/hot water heater/AC room and my room in the garage I smelled smoke or like something was burning. I called my mom over and she smelled it too.

We both climbed up to the attic and neither of us could see smoke or fire. We felt for warmth on all my walls and the walls next to the appliances and the walls were cold. We went to the house and nothing was burning their either and the smell either blended in with the rest of the air or whatever it was stopped because we couldnÂt smell it after a while. The smoke-detector didnÂt go off so I eventually put it to the back of my mind and drifted off to sleep.

THIS MORNING I went outside AGAIN to take the garbage out and came back into my room and right after crossing the threshold this time I could smell burnt IN THE ROOM. And since we couldnÂt be sure if it was coming from the AC or anything electrical so we turned off the A/C, disconnected all my computer lines, turned off all the lights, turned off the overhead fan, removed all the cords from their outlets.

So now the only things connected to electricity in my area of the house are the fridge, hot water heater and the washing machine/dryer. Everything on my end is off. Where is the most likely place the smell would be coming from?

Comments (14)