SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
almoststepmom

DS moving in with Ex

almoststepmom
15 years ago

Sunday evening I received a text message from DS telling me that he was going to spend another night with ex. Ex had work so it would only be SM, once again. I made him come home. When DS got home, I told DS that he needed to start making the effort to call as I did not receive text until after I was calling DS to find out why he was 20 minutes late. I felt that he had been there three nights in a row and BF and I had made plans for the three of us to go out to eat. DS became just outright defensive and told me that he did not have to ask at ex's house but just tell him that was what he was going to do and he expected that at my house also. I expect a little more respect of my time than that and told him that it would not have killed him to pick up the phone to check and see rather that just texting me over what he was going to do. When DS has not been home for a few days and it is time for him to come home, that he needs to call and check to see if I have anything planned before just telling me that he is going to stay there another night. That was all I expected just as I would have asked ex and SM if another night with me on their time would upset any plans they might have. DS got mad, started yelling that he wanted to go back to ex's house, and after I kept saying no because of his attitude and yelling at me, then he told me that he was moving in with ex. DS stormed out of house with nothing and in his socks. I have heard nothing out of anyone over at ex's house. They have let him stay there for three days before I even get any questions asked of me about what happened. I finally got into work this morning to an email. Am I expecting too much by them not contacting me when he shows up on their doorstep in socks telling them he is moving in with them??? Mind you, that no matter how I try to keep communications open on my end that it is never reciprocated on their part. I am frustrated, hurt and feeling very betrayed by DS but SM says that it is not her responsibility and that I should be the one contacting DS and not them pushing DS into it. How can I ever have any rules of my own when DS can get what he wants by avoiding all of them by doing what he wants by threatening to move in with ex every time I make him mad? What do I do, beg DS to stay and give in? Anyway, in the meantime, after many exhausting hours spent crying and upset, I have decided that maybe they need to have him full time. Ex has always been the good time EOW weekend parent while I get to be the bad one that has to make sure his chores, homework, whatever gets done. I feel that as he gets older and with us in the same town that it will continue to get worse, especially on my part because I cannot scare him like ex can. I have made the decision to move out of town and if DS wants to go he can but otherwise I will maintain visitation and they can deal with actual parenting instead of just playing all of the time. Have any of you had to deal with this??? Any advice???

Comments (22)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio