SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abm3240

step sister-in-law

abm3240
21 years ago

I really need some suggestions. My half-brother's wife and I have never exactly been "friend's". She is very petty and immature and we do not have much in common. A few weeks ago I received an email from her stating that she and my brother have decided not to exchange Christmas presents this year. She did not state if she meant just with my husband, daughter, and I or with the entire family. (I have another brother and sister also.) I did not respond to the e-mail because I decided I would just wait a while and see if anyone else received the email. About a week later I got another email asking if we had received the previous email. So, I called my step-mother (who can be really crazy at times, especially when it involves her dear son)and asked if she had heard anything about my brother and sister-in-law not exchanging presents. She said she had not but said she would ask my brother. Well, of course my brother told her that they were planning to exchange but I am not sure if she specifically asked about us or just in general. So, I emailed my brother directly today and asked if they had changed their minds because my step-mother, his mother, had said that they would be exchanging presents. Well, today I received yet another from my sister-in-law (I'm starting to wonder if my brother knows how to type) stating that they had decided not to excahnge presents with just my husband and I, and our daughter. My other brother and sister did not recieve any e-mails about presents so I guess we're the only ones. This really hurts my feelings and I do not want to make Christmas an awkward time. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to handle this?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus