SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

My Sister-in-Law passed away ... :(

luna_llena_feliz
13 years ago

Some of you on Facebook already know this ... my brother Randy's wife Mary passed away a few days ago. She had non-Hodgkins lymphoma and was going through chemo-therapy for it. The doctor told her the survival rate was extremely high when she was first diagnosed and we all thought she would get better.

A couple of weeks ago, I emailed her to find out why I hadn't seen her on Facebook (she used to post something at least once a day). She said she was having eye problems from the chemo and was sensitive to light so it was hard for her to work on the computer. She also said she was feeling very weak and didn't know how she was going to stand/walk at her daughter's wedding in a few weeks. I offered her the use of my electric wheelchair and, like an idiot, I thought it was just typical chemo reactions. Little did I know how serious it was!

I feel so awful for her. She was a funny, sweet and smart person. For many years she had wanted to buy a hobby farm so she would have a place to train her Border Collies and raise some sheep. She finally got her hobby farm early this year and already stocked it with sheep and was working with her dogs. She was excited about decorating/remodeling the house (it had been a foreclosure but had great potential and a gorgeous view) and working in the garden. And then she was struck down with non-Hodgkins lymphoma. What an awful shame!

I really feel bad for my brother too. They have been together for ... geez, it has to be around 30 years. This will be very hard on him. He hasn't been alone in 40 years or more.

It's also a shame that her daughter is getting married for the first time in a couple of weeks and Mary won't be there. Her daughter even wanted to move her wedding up to this weekend so that Mary could make it but she wasn't able to hang on.

Mary is survived by my brother, her two grown children, 2 brothers and her mother. I know they are all devastated. It's not that I was super close to her but I took it for granted that she would always be there. We had plenty of laughs on Facebook and sharing funny emails with each other. She often hosted Christmas at their house too. I will miss her very much.

My brother said before she died, she told him she was looking forward to working with one of her favorite Border Collies, Sioux, again. Sioux died of cancer a few years ago. She sure loved her pups!

Please say some prayers for my brother Randy and Mary's family and her dogs too to help them through this devastating period.

Comments (12)