SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
secsteve

Our 40th "Orphans" Thanksgiving and other news

secsteve
4 years ago

In October Geo and I celebrated 40 years together and 6 years of marriage. This month we celebrated another milestone with our 40th Thanksgiving dinner.

We started when we first were together having people over that had no where else to go, or weren't welcome by family, to our house for dinner. For many of those years we'd do the turkey on the spit over the charcoals, but finally had to stop that three years ago as it got to be too much for us.

Can't believe today it's been 40 years. Even though I'm dog tired at the end of the day, I can't imagine our Thanksgiving being any other way.

On a down side, my sister-in-law passed away last Tuesday. It wasn't unexpected, as she'd been told by the doctors to stop drinking and smoking but what did the Effing doctors know? Memorial service is tomorrow, but told my brother there was no way I could make it. Especially since I only learned about it yesterday. He realized that and apologized that someone didn't let me know sooner. Even if I had, I doubt I'd have been able to either fly back or drive. Home is in MI and big storm headed that way.

I'm glad I can't make it because from what my great-niece tells me, there might be some family drama at the service. Just what's needed at a time like that.

Makes me appreciate our family that Geo and I have acquired over the years.

Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving. Now to try and get the house decorated, cards done and out and ready for Christmas.

Comment