SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anne8102

Hi! I'm new!

anne8102
15 years ago

Hi, there! I found this spot through a friend who shared a link. Thought I would introduce myself. I am Anne. ***waves emphatically*** That's Anne with a silent "e," by the way. You'd be amazed at how many times I get called "Annie." Sigh. Red-headed, curly-haired singing orphan, I am not.

I am a mom to two and a stepmom to three. I've been married to my husband for almost seven years, so I'm an old hand to the plight of the stepparent. I'm also a Boxer mom to one male Boxer, Shiloh. I'm a mom, a stepmom, a stepdaughter, a step-granddaughter. I've been a first wife, an ex-wife and a second wife, so I've worn all those hats, too. I've even been a military wife, as my hubby is a retired Marine. Semper Fi!

I am a former member of StepTalk (www.steptalk.org), which I left due to overwhelming negativity, personal attacks and, really, just crappy "stepparenting." I'm an avid member of SKIDS, which is a private, members-only, by-invitation-only site for stepparents. SKIDS is nice, in that it's totally private and not searchable via search engines, so no one can "find" us. I'm here because, hey, sometimes I don't really need all that privacy and, in my opinion, the more minds you put towards finding a solution, the better.

I recently moved to TX. My skids live in another state back east. We used to live closer and had EOW visitation. That is, when BM would cooperate. Now we get the skids once or twice a year. (Again, when BM cooperates.) My biggest problem these days is maintaining a familial relationship with my skids from afar without ticking off their mother in the process. Not easy.

So... that's me and why I'm here. Hello!

Here is a link that might be useful: Step Lively

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH