SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandstone_gw

Deadbeat Mom, they get away with it!

sandstone
17 years ago

I am Married to a wonderful man whom has custody of 3 beautiful girls. His ex has not so much as spoke to them in over 5 years!!! No birthday cards, gifts, etc... The oldest of the girls is not biologically my spouses and we were granted gaurdianship of her. Needless to say the Ex was ordered to pay only 371.00/ mo for the three. She has never consistantly paid and after millions of calls to the CSRU here in Iowa, they finally entered her case in for contempt!!! She was found in contempt, but her 30 day sentence was postponed to give her the chance to purge it by participating with a Parenting program... She was to pay 150.00/ month beginning in May of 06 until 6/06 when they had a show cause hearing. She only paid 180.00 over 300.00 short of what was to paid to purge the sentence. But of course nothing was done. Instead she was given another court date for 10/10/06 and only ordered to pay 150.00 by the next court date!!! That is approx. $9.00/child. WOW!!! Talk about a slap in the face. When we were first granted custody of the girls, we were hit with over 9,000.00 in back childsupport that Krista had collected while my husband had the children.. But due to the fact that they weren't formally placed with us until 1998 by DHS the prosecuter told us that we could try and fight it. But it would cost us as much to fight it as it would to pay it off... The CSRU stopped at nothing to collect the amount from my husband. Garnished wages, took income tax returns. They showed no concern for the childrens best interest. Now that tables are turned they do NOT persecute his ex the same way... What is going on with this?

Comments (6)