SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skivino_gw

So confused...vinyl replacements please help!

skivino
15 years ago

I've read every thing I possibly can on vinyl replacement windows, both here and on other forums (there is actually a vinylreplacement discussion board!) and honestly I'm still as confused as when I started. The salesmen all said their windows were the best (of course), all offer the same lifetime (limited) warranty, some offer full lifetime (as long as we own the home) labor some offer percentage of labor..free for 1-10 yrs and so on.

We've had 4 estimates for the following windows:

17 DH windows, 1 large picture window.

Starmark by Okna - $9850

Accuweld Platinum Invision - $8203

Newtown Slocumb with Heat Mirror - $7566

Comfortworld 4000 series - $5853

Honestly they basically looked the same too me. I'm coming from 48 year old wood windows so to me vinyl is vinyl. My question is..Is there really so much difference between these windows??? They just all look the same to me!!

Also I know Installation is the most important factor and of course they all tell me they have professional window installers...

HELP!! In reality any window we get will be more effecient than our 48 year old wooden windows, so do I just go with the lower price? (I really prefer the look of wood, but can do without painting them every few years as well as trying to clean each little pane!!)

Thank you!

Comments (3)