SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
balboa64

please help with choice of replacement window

balboa64
9 years ago

hello everyone....I need some help deciding on which replacement windows to purchase? I've been researching the internet for weeks on which replacement window is best. every website that I've been to say mostly the same windows....sunrise and okna/himark always come in first to purchase. I have 10 year old certainteeds that are failing miserably and certainteed is going to give me a cash buyout on 2006 prices because windows are so bad. my friend has been a carpenter for over 30 years so he is going to install them for me....the problem is that many of the places to purchase the premium windows are from contractors who want to install and sell them to me. I was able to find one place to sell me 10 okna for $2863, and he was even reluctant on selling them to me. that's about $286 a window. is this a good price? I am on a budget and really only wanted to spend around $200-$250 per window. my other choices are from building supply companies....they carry Simonton....plygem...viwinco...silverline and some other brands that I know are horrible. I've been to Simonton and plygem websites a thousand times trying to decide if these brands are good but I just don't know what to do? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Rich

Comments (7)