SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

Don't buy Anderson, Stay away from Pella, forget Marvin!

tinker_2006
13 years ago

MY HEAD IS SPINNING!

I was hoping that this forum would help me decide which windows to go with, but it is just so confusing! I really am bewilder on what manufacturer I should go with.

I'm ruling out Marvin, based on the fact that I know they are much more expensive (even though they are better). My track record for living in one house isn't very good.. so I won't take the chance to spend money that I may never fully reap the benefits of.. PLUS, the nearest dealer is well over an hour away.

I'm in SW FL, and PGT, Anderson and Pella are readily available. I like the look of Pella's architect series and Anderson's Architect line.. I don't care for PGT's windows (mainly - I want realistic looking grills.

I've been to showrooms, and it really doesn't help - I like them both, but I *think* Pella may have more sizes available..? I haven't a clue what the prices is, and I'm not sure I want to fork out the $$ for impact glass (we are required by code to have impact glass OR hurricane shutters).

I'm sure hoping someone will shed some light on these 2 lines. Is Pella less expensive? Are the Architect series ONLY available with impact glass, or is that an option? On Anderson's website, it shows a sample of prices of the 400 series, and than a MAJOR jump in price to the Architect series...?

Comments (16)