SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pompeii_gw

Peachtree - yay or stay away?

pompeii
13 years ago

We have a very large picture window to replace, flanked by two casements on each side. The picture window is 124" alone, with the casements adding another 56" on each side. We would like to replace the picture with a bay or bow, and replacement the casements, too. So I have two questions:

1. A bay would let in more light and be a little less expensive than a bow, but it seems that more people are choosing bows over bays. Are bay windows outdated?

2. We have quotes ranging from a little over $6000 for Peachtree through Lowes, to over $10,000 for Marvin. I haven't read good things about Peachtree, but all of what I've read is from a year ago or longer. Can anyone shed some light on Peachtree's current level of quality?

We also have quotes for Pella and Stanek. Who else should we check out? If it matters, the house is a 1957 ranch with original Pella casements. Quotes for all windows in the house range from $20,000-30,000. Due to cost, we want to start with the picture window, then do the rest of the windows in stages.

Since this is such a big investment and since that picture window is so huge, we don't want to make a big mistake, so I'm asking the experts!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio