SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cawfecup

Whacky questions about NCP's.

cawfecup
16 years ago

Ok so sitting around the other night after another conflict with the ex ... not me hubby ... she called him about because SD 8 doesn't have "a good pair of sneakers" ... She has atleast 15 pairs of shoes/sneakers here never mind what she packs in her bag to take to mom's ...(She and I wear the same size so she has access to plenty of sneakers and shoes). And they all got new sneakers and shoes and boots to start the school year a month ago. He told her if you feel that strongly about shoes then you should go buy them for the children. Since he pays for everything else related to the children.

I figured it was something to get him on the phone for something else... as usual it turns out she wants to change visitation days .... She signed the 9 yr old up for baseball .. (we paid for it)... she took him to the try outs well it turns out the games are on a thursdays ... (her day) and she doesn't want to have to bring him every week so she wants to change the day. Hubby told her NO I already told you, I wasn't doing you any favors. Well then she says ... I'll just go back to court and get the days changed. He said "see you in court" and hung up the phone.

We actually have a court date next thursday :-) ... contempt and modification. Guessing she hasn't been notified yet. Or the "I want to be an involved mom" phone calls would have started by now. Unless that was her being involved.

So here are my whacky questions....

1) Do NCP's realize children grow up ... and will think back saying my NCP only wanted to be around when a judge said they could?

2) That telling your children "the judge said" becomes an excuse not to be a parent?

3) If a judge said you could never see your kids you wouldn't want to?

4) What does it say to your children when you say ... My court order says I can't pick you up till 5:30 and stick to it?

5) How would a NCP respond to a surprise pick up with the kids and the kids say.... You can't make us go with you "the judge said you can't pick us up until 5:30"?

I don't understand why it takes a "court order" for some parents to be parents. This goes both for fathers and mothers. If there wasn't a court order in effect ... would they just walk away from their children? And how many times does it take "going back to court" to get it where its amicable. In a few years they will be teenagers and not want anything to do with any parents.

Off topic... but the parent thing is driving hubby nutz. Saturday night was parent's choice for dinner.... and we couldn't decide what we felt like having so the 12 yr old was asking me and I said your parent hasn't decided yet while looking at hubby ..... and SS said I'll call mommy she's my parent and ask her what we should have for dinner. Hubby says ... is she your "only" parent? guessing 12 yr old got the point because he walked away. Thinking I should stop saying "your parents" need to __________.

Comments (5)