SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
openskies

Communication Spouse with Ex-Spouse

openskies
15 years ago

Hi,

My spouse is demanding that she be actively involved in communication between myself and my ex-spouse. The only communication that has ever occurred between these two was negative, and was basically my spouse letting my ex know she wasn't happy with something pertaining to my children. The motivation for this demand is that her ex-spouse at one point decided that communication with his household was to be "transparent", such that his new spouse could email as she saw fit to my spouse, either herself or to take care of his emails. There is no love lost between my spouse and ex-spouse, despite fact that my ex-spouse left me (ie. it isn't that my ex-spouse has resent that i left her, since that isn't what happened).

I can't see anything positive coming out of this. It would create more conflict. In general, is it normal for women in these roles to have communication? My ex-spouse has said unconditionally that she deals with me only on matters related to our children. I know some situations like this where the two women can have a productive relationship, but I can't see it in my case. Am I wrong to not support it given the past involving only negative communications?

Comments (9)