SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rdsso

My dining room is a blank slate

rdsso
14 years ago

I finally took the plaid wallpaper down in my dining room and now it is time to have the walls textured and to paint. I am thinking a green like baby turtle. Would also like to find a way for more seating. The window seat is just that, a window seat. When we re-did the kitchen Dh took the seat off and it is a false bottom underneath I was hoping there could be a place for storage but there is not. I was thinking of maybe a banquette but my dining room is 5 ft wide by 9 foot long and am not sure if a banquette would really make it more crowded. Dh and I talked about taking the wall out on the left that goes in to the utility room for more space but we have no other place to put the washer and dryer. We had a plumber come and we can not move the washer and dryer where we wanted to, we have cement floors and any plumbing moving would be costly. I also don't know if a rectangle table would be better or stick with the round. Please give me ideas. I know there is not much space to work with but I have to make due. Oh one more thing I hate the tile but DH laid it and at this time he is NOT taking it up!!!! Thanks

Before:

After

Comments (17)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm