SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
backsweat

Please help with Dining Room Furniture & Color(pics)

backsweat
16 years ago

Stumbled across this forum while searching for details on replacing a central A/C system (as my nick alludes)and thought I may be able to get some help on some decorating issues as well.

We've been in this house going on 4 years in October and the dining room has been empty since moving in.

Painted the walls about 3 years back and threw down a rug and panels but still need to get furniture. At this point, I'm willing to repaint he walls which would also mean a rug replacement in most cases.

The buffet in the pic is just an old dresser and will be replaced. I think we're leaning more for buffet with lamps/picture/mirror above it as opposed to a china deck, but haven't ruled that out.

The wall color is actually a BM red tone and not plum/brothel burgandy as it sort of looks in the photo's. Our style is more PotteryBarn/Restoration Hardware but we wanted the room to be upscale transitional or at least simple formal. I,e our taste is not ornate, and don't want a lot of glitz/frilly dining stuff with tons of carving/gold accents, etc.

http://photobucket.com"; target="_blank">

Had looked at the Restoration Hardware camden trestle table but even the large is too small for the space. (want to seat at least 8 comfortably.) The other thought was the Market Street Collection by Bernhardt, but I've heard the quality of their stuff isn't the greatest either. Was going to get that with different end chairs (wing/upholstered)

Folks have suggested to look at Nichols and Stone, Hickory White & Bermex, but nothing there really strikes me. Like the Lauren Estate table and could live with the sideboard, but don't care for the chairs. Baker Milling Road is nice, but can't really put the whole thing together in something we really like.

http://photobucket.com"; target="_blank">

The adjacent hall is huntington beige or something along those lines from BM. There's a butlers pantry connecting from the kitchen and it too is the red with white cabinets.

Would be wililng to change out wall color and rug if need be, depending upon the style of the set. Definitely not into real modern stuff either.

Any comments, suggestions, ideas, etc. welcomed!! If we don't have a finished dining room by this thanksgiving, my marriage hangs in the balance!

Wife has input and is probably more flexible than myself.

Please help. (by the way, the whole house is wood and I'm hating that we went lighter (by my choice). Wish we had done dark walnut through the whole thing (as wife wanted), but the floors staying for awhile because it's worse than moving to have it re-done)

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH