SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monroviamom

Window & French Door Opinions

16 years ago

We are in the process of remodeling out kitchen & will need to replace a minimum of our two large windows & a glass patio door with sidelights (replacing the door/side lights with French Doors). In addition, our family room (which also has a large window) flows from our kitchen.

Our kitchen is totally open right now... down to the studs. Our home has a more contemporary feel & I am don't love the look of some of the retrofit windows I have seen (don't like the large frame around it). As I understand, the only other option is replacing the windows with new construction windows (which will mean a bunch of clean up on the exterior walls -- stucco patching, and perhaps more?).

What suggestions do you have? Are there any other options? Are there some retrofit windows that don't have that large frame? Also, our current windows are from 1977 construction... so, they are very dark/black aluminum. The exterior color of our has is beige/tan & the interior walls are a soft golden color. And we are only replacing a few of the windows, not all of them. HELP.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living