SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
czarinalex

Help me save these chairs please!

czarinalex
11 years ago

I have two large couches in my LR.. hold overs from my former house with a huge LR. I want to sell one couch and just add a pair of chairs.

I saw a chair I fell in love with at HomeGoods. It was a white antiqued chair with a mid century vibe but modern at the same time. The cushions were a loose envelope kind of cushion and covered in a Renovation Hardware kind of linen. It was only $300. but of course they only have one and I need two matching so I don't buy it and proceed to visit every other Homegoods within 50 miles of my home. No luck! And of course when I go back, it's gone and I didn't take a picture of it!

So.. I see these chairs at a local second hand shop:

They have almost the same frame as my holy grail chair and need new cushions. The price was right so I bought them.

I've sewn chair cushions before but I don't want to tackle this job so I visit some local upholstery shops where I get prices ranging from $175 - $250. per cushion for the foam and a cover. So $700-$1000. for the set. Out of my price range. I looked on the internet and found a place where I could get cushions and the covers for $200. for the pair. I want them to be very comfortable so I order 5" foam cushions.

This is what the chairs look like:

I don't like the look of the cushions at all. They are blocky and outdoors looking.. but comfortable. :-)

Any suggestions? Do I bite the bullet and take them somewhere and have normal looking cushions made?

Thanks for reading through this!

Comments (7)