SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Please help me save this abused and 'orphaned' plant? Pic

meyermike_1micha
13 years ago

Can everyone here give me ideas and suggestions as to what to do for this pro plant?

It was heading to the dumpster yesterday when I grabbed it from my co-worker.I was quite upset since this thing use to look so nice in the window until someone decided one day to just let it die..I have also been told it is over 25 years old!

I use to work at that office and was visiting there...It has been so neglected and now it is mine.

It is huge with massive legs, or vines, lot's of flowering points, and very heavy.

I have no idea where to begin.For now it is just sitting on my table until I get some much needed help here..I know you are all good with caring for these plants, so here I am..

It is in an 8inch container and the mix is dry as a bone...It has lot's of dead vines inter twined with live ones and has no pest's that I can see.

I have no sunny window for it since it would take up a whole window, while I do have a very brightly lit room that holds temps into the 60's all winter.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I felt really bad for it, and I figured it would be better off with at least me trying to save it than to see it spend just one night in the dumpster with sub freezing temps.

Thank you all.

It is great yellow, dead branches, also many green, and if have a good eye, you will see many, many peduncles.

A few cuttings that fell off loaded with peduncles...

Mike

Comments (22)

Sponsored