SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_of_four

Non Custodial Mom Has Moved Out of State-Help!!

mom_of_four
21 years ago

I have two children and two step children. My husband and I have custody of all children. We have been having alot of trouble with My stepson who is 10. His mom moved to Florida 1 week ago. They have not had a good relationship for the past year or so. She has had numerous boyfriends and marriages. She lies to the children and they know it. He is so sad. He told me a few days ago it feels like he doesn't have a mom. I can be there for him and talk to him but I will never be able to be "mom" to him. I don't know what will make him feel better. Talking about it makes him upset, but not talking about it seems to be avoiding it. I am in desperate need of some advice. He visits often with his mothers family. None of them get along with her either. I just want to do the right thing as a person who loves him. My husband has no idea what to do either. I ask if he wants to call and he says no. He says he hates her but he loves her. I feel deep down he wants the mom he used to have, but he is getting older and is realizing the mom he used to have isn't really any kind of mother and he is sad to know he will never have the kind of realtionship he wants. Does anyone have any suggestions??? Would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths