SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mermaidmosaics

Flowerpot disaster what did I do????

Mermaid
15 years ago

Ok, today was a very bad day. The second of my two mosaiced flower pot's lost the majority of it's tiles . Don't have a pix of what it looks like at present, looking closer, I noticed there was a crack in the thinset, where it meets the pot, and a large section of tile, thinset and all, broke off, . Really strange, it sorta pealed off, the tiles are in large sections, some 6-8 inches long, still have their curves from the pot, the tiles are all together, with the thinset holding them together.

The tiles themselves didn't break off individually, just complete sections of tile and thinset, does that make sense?? Any ideas, gals??

I also grouted my yellow brick road concrete pot, it was a real PITA, and I lost multiple tiles I'll have to glue back on. IT was so so hot and humid it just made things miserable.

help please, any body else have a problem like that, with another day like today, I think I might have to throw in my mosaic towel.

What would have caused this??? I used thinset as grout and glue These are fake clay pots, made of fiberglass or some such lighter weight material. I might have tried to seal the pots with weldbond, in fact,I'm pretty sure I did ,at least of them. They have been outside several months now.

Comments (12)

Sponsored