SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcw12

Family is shaken, spouse's ex 45 & pregnant w/ love child!

mcw12
15 years ago

Things have become quite complicated! My husband has 2 adult children ages 23 and 25 from previous marriage. We've had issues with his ex soliciting help from my husband over the past few years. (Airport pick ups, fixing things, etc). She has always acted like she hasn't been dating at all and didn't have anyone else who could help - so my husband helped out when he could. This past wknd she revealed that she is pregnant with a man's child she's been seeing over the past year and she's 45. She kept this "relationship" secret and claims she doesn't love this father but they are just good friends. Her daughter is 25 and freaking out. My husband is happy to see that she has moved on, but this has thrown everyone for a loop! This will be a biracial (father is black) child which is a non-issue for us but does add a new spin to this situation. She has remained involved with my husband's family and attends everything she's invited to (weddings, etc). I would love some advice on how I should handle this news when I see her son and daughter. Obviously this is her business - - but it does affect the dynamics for all of us in this for the rest of our lives.

Comments (11)