SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marklevinson1

Planning a recharging cabinet

marklevinson1
17 years ago

Hi all,

I am remodeling my kitchen and have the electrical work pretty much finished. I have the 7 lines coming into the kitchen, 1 for the garbage disposer, 1 for the dishwasher, 1 for the microwave and gas stove, 1 for the fridge and toekick heater, 1 for the lights and 2 for over the counter outlets. I want to build a series of maybe 6 to 8 outlets inside one of my wall cabinets to manage the growing number of rechargable items we are starting to accumulate. I realize that the 2 lines for over the countertops are supposed to be dedicated but it would seem to be the most convenient place to tap off of. I can't see the chargers drawing that much amperage but then again I am having trouble figuring out the amps on the various devices.

These are the items that would probably be plugged into the over the counter outlets: Cordless telephone, computer, printer and a coffee maker. For the recharging outlets I had planned to use the following items: NiMh battery recharger(12v), 2 cellphone rechargers (5.9v, 5v), Gameboy recharger(5.2v), video camera battery recharger(5.2v). There may or may not be more chargers in our future. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (4)