SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karamae_gw

Embarrassed By Stepchildren

karamae
16 years ago

I just found this forum and I'm hoping I can find some help here.

My husband has two children, both boys, ages 14 and 17. The kids live out of state with their mother. We get the kids for summers and major holidays.

Their father and I have been together for 7 years. I have no children of my own (I can't have children) in case that can shed some light on the situation.

Now, onto my problems with my stepchildren...First and foremost...I am emabarrassed to be seen in public with them or for them to be seen by my friends. These boys are HUGE! I'm not talking about a little extra weight, I'm talking about morbidly obese. It's not a medical issue, it's the fact that they are lazy and eat nothing but junk food. When they are with us their father lets them eat whatever they want (just like when they are with their mother) because he doesn't want to be the bad guy. When we do go out their father makes jokes when introducing his kids to people like "these are my future linebackers...they're going to make lots of money for their father"...stuff like that. When we are out I see people starring at us. It has gotten to the point that I don't want to be seen with them. If I tell my husband, he will get mad and we'll fight.

Another problem...I can not love these children. They are not mine and I can not form a bond with them. I will ask them to do dishes or something and hours later I find myself at the sink doing what I asked them to do. I complain to my husband and he allows it to continue. I dred these children coming to visit and I'm thrilled when they go home. Please help me figure out what is wrong with me!

Embarassed By Kids

Comments (18)