SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fisherra59

Lowe's Jeld Wen Vinyl Windows Hard To Open

fisherra59
10 years ago

Last summer I had Lowe's install 7 white vinyl double-pane impact resistant Jeld Wen windows in 4 bedrooms of my Florida home to replace 25 year old aluminum single-pane windows. I was going to go with Pella but the depth of the Pella windows was too much and would have caused me to have to put in a different style of blind on each window at a large expense. Lowe's did a great job with the planning and installing. The foreman and crew of 3 or 4 were efficient and professional. The windows have improved my home's energy efficiency. However, they are literally hard as hell to open from a fully closed position. I hope I never have to escape by opening one of the windows in an emergency. I can't break thru the window because they are impact resistant. I realize that they need to be tight for energy efficiency, but this is ridiculous. I have tried silicone spray lubricant which seems to help for a while, but the longer they go unopened they go back to being hard as hell to open...so much that I have thought that I was going to break off or crack the vinyl lift tab. If anyone has any suggestions, please tell me.

Comments (10)