SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mydreamhome_gw

Pella & Jeld-Wen Windows @ Lowe's & Home Depot

mydreamhome
14 years ago

My DH & I are contracting our new home and need some hlep with the windows. We are down to Pella Arch & Jeld-Wen as far as brand, both with wood interior and aluminum cladding exterior. We have gotten quotes from the Pella Showroom and 2 builder supply companies for Jeld-Wen. I was in Lowe's the other day and the window guy there said they have the same Pella windows as Pella Showroom but at a better price because they do so much volume. Guaranteed at least a $7,000 difference in price. Researched Home Depot, and they say the same about getting a better price on the Jeld-Wen. Installation has not been included in any of our quotes as our framer will be handling it.

Does anyone know if this is true or have any experience with this?

Are the windows exactly the same quality just with a lower price?

What if the order is wrong? Will Lowe's/Home Depot take it back no matter who is at fault?

What about warranty-does Pella/Jeld-Wen come out if there's a problem or is it up to Lowe's/Home Depot?

If this is the real deal, I'd love to take advantage of it. I definitely don't want to pay more than I have to for the same product (especially with 40 windows in the house). But I've also learned that if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I'm hoping this is the exception! Your input is greatly appreciated. If I'm missing concerns, please feel free to add. Thanks!

Comments (11)