SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lori316_gw

Shabby chic and dark walls...can it be done (well)?

lori316
12 years ago

It's been a long time since I've posted here, but lurk often, so I know this is THE place to come for decorating advice. I'm working on my master bedroom. My inspiration picture is below. (Thanks houzz.com.)

eclectic bedroom design by Tricia Rose

The walls in my bedroom are a dark green, (BM paint, color matched to Behr's "painted turtle"). I do love the color DH chose for the room, but it's too dark for what I want, thus an accent wall would probably be a good compromise. Hey...I'm a newlywed, I still compromise....what can I say... ;)

Anyway, I'm thinking of painting the wall behind my bed a similiar soft off-white as is in the inspiration picture. One wall also has two sets of French doors leading outside that bring in lots of light.

I'm almost done making my headboard. The bedding is similiar to the inspiration picture, with more light-colored layers added in for our cooler New England nights. I have the perfect chandelier and lots of good accent pieces and I'm really excited to try to accomplish the look I want. Can I pull it off with those two other dark walls? Does anybody have pics of shabby chic and dark walls or is it too much of an oxymoron?

I'd love input...TIA!

Comments (8)