SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
slovatt

Smoke Detector Won't Stop Beeping

slovatt
17 years ago

I have a smoke detector that has been intermittently beeping for months and is driving me crazy. I've changed the battery numerous times to no avail. It was wired into the house so I had it removed out of pure frustration but the wires where it had been connected to continued to beep. I noticed a small round disc still attached to the wires so I assumed it to be a sensor of some kind and thought that must be where the noise was coming from, so I had that removed from the wires and little plastic ends covers put over the wires and those wires shoved up into the metal box. I then put up a new smoke detector (only battery operated) over the wires (not connected).

The beeping continued. Tonight I became frustrated again and took down the new smoke detector and locked it away in a closet. I am now staring at a hole in my ceiling and it's beeping. I realize that this is impossible but there you have it. There are other smoke detectors in the house, on different floors. None of them are making any noise, only the one outside my bedroom that just won't stop..Does anyone

have any idea what can be done. I would love a good night's uninterrupted sleep.

Comments (16)