SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

Is it wrong??? and is it NONE of his business?

imamommy
15 years ago

Last night, SD was picked up by her grandma. BM hasn't picked her up from us at all this summer and was picking her up from school for the last month or so from school. Yesterday, BM sent DH a text asking for SD's report card. It's a little odd since she didn't bother to go to the conferences at all last year and schools been out for over a month. All of a sudden, she is interested in it. Well, SD was getting ready to go and BM's mom showed up early so she was waiting. DH took the report card out to her and she told him that they wanted it so they can see where SD might be having problems and they can work with her over the summer. (yeah, BM wouldn't even help her with any homework during the school year) so it got us thinking that she's trying to gather info that she might be able to use in court. She wants to prove SD is failing in school here, which she isn't. This would also explain why they moved into a house they can't afford... she wants it to look good to the court.

Anyways, DH gives the report card to grandma and grandma asks him what he thinks SD's having problems with. He told her math (division) but mostly, she has a problem being boy crazy. This in nothing new, he's talked to both BM and her mom about this before. BM dismisses it but DH told grandma that SD models BM's behavior. Grandma knows her daughter and used to complain about BM leaving the kids with her to go party. So, SD is ready and goes outside and DH says goodbye and grandma leaves.

Twenty minutes later, BM sends DH a text that he isn't to discuss THEIR daughter with her mom. DH then got upset when he realized that in order for BM to send him that text, grandma must have called BM with SD in the car. Grandma lives 45 minutes away from us so we knew she wasn't even home yet. Then, about half an hour later, BM sends DH four more text messages that SD told her she watches sex movies at her friend's house (that she visited two months ago) and that she watched Austin Powers with my son that she says threatened her daughter with a knife. She says that our house is where her daughter is learning any bad behaviors. (what she doesn't realize is that my son doesn't watch movies with her daughter and the movie she's talking about is kept in a locked DVD case that only my husband has a key for. And when she spent the afternoon at her friends, her friend's mom baked cakes with them and they played outside, they didn't watch any movies because they were not in the house) DH didn't respond to her text messages. He sent her an email that she still hasn't read, basically telling her that he is upset they were discussing this in front of SD and giving it way too much energy. He told her that if she doesn't want him talking to grandma, she shouldn't send grandma to get SD because if grandma asks him something, he is going to be friendly and not lie to her.

Then we were talking about the possibility of BM might be trying to build a case to take him back to court for custody. I asked him why he hasn't asked her if or when she is going to marry her BF. He told me he doesn't think it's any of his business. I disagreed because it affects THEIR daughter if she is marrying him. When he was marrying me, she wanted to know all the details and expected to be invited to the wedding because THEIR daughter was in it. Does a bio-parent have the right to know if the other bio-parent is going to get married? Or is it none of their business?

I know neither gets any choice in WHO they choose, but should they at least know if it's going to happen and when?

Comments (16)