SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remy_gw

FAQS for Rate & Review Forum, there are None

remy_gw
15 years ago

Hi All,

I started a new thread about when starting a new member review to title the post with member's name only, no ++++, super, etc. because all trades don't always go equally.

You also may know I have the "Search for a member's name before starting a new post" thread over there which also includes making sure you spell correctly. Anyway I made the comment to Sue we need a FAQ for that forum on the "Search for a member's..." thread.

Here's Sue's post to me:

You know what we really need a FAQ!

Yes we do! How about you take on that little task? I, with the input of a lot of others, will be redoing the FAQ at the Seed Exchange, and The Plant Exchange sometime in the future.

It is 'usually' a group effort, with input from a lot of folks, but sometimes is just by one person, as in the FAQ at WS, and Canna.

Then the new FAQ must be OKed by GW, then they give you the ability to access the actual FAQ for inputting them.

You wanna start a thread over on Conversations?...or maybe somewhere else where it would see more action, like at The Seed Exchange Conversations?

Anywho, my minds clicking...it's the coffee.

How to do a search for an existing review thread for a member, as there are now 3 search boxes on the page.

Which thread to post to, if there happen to be numerous ones.

Member Name only in subject line, and the importance if it being spelled exactly as it appears on their member Page

What to include in the review

Seed trade, plant trade, Round Robin swap

Why it was a good trade

Why it was a bad trade...maybe include key words such as 'negative' or 'bad'. Just state the facts of the trade please. Not packed well, did not send, did not label, quit responding to emails.

How long to wait before posting a negative review?

Now that will tact some thought and tactful wording, as each case is quite different, imho.

What 'not' to include

Full names or full addresses

Comments of any sort by anyone who did not actually make a trade with the member.

Can or should reviews be done for members who respond to seeds for postage offers, ie SASE, SASBE, BEAP?

I kind of feel this is optional for the offering member to do reviews on the members who respond. I know in a lot of cases the offering member has a lot of time wrapped up in emails, receiving in the bubblies, and finally packing and mailing out the seeds. I do think it's nice though to post these, time allowing, so new members can be given credit with following through in a timely manner, and for following instructions.

Well, how's all that for food for thought?

Remy? Angela? Rosepedal/Barb?

Oh...maybe also a little hints and tips section.

When starting a new review thread, do not check the box below the message box that says Check here if you would like copies of follow-ups to your message emailed to you.

If the box is checked, a member could be receiving the follow-up emails for years to come. I have seen where a few members 'have' checked the box.

I would love comments, suggestions, whatever you may think!

Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Post on Member's Name Only on R&R

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor