SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Suggestion-Don't forget the new Rate and Review forum

I thought it might be a good time to make mention of the Rate and Review forum...where traders leave comments about past trades with other members. It is the same principle as the feedback system on Ebay.

I'd also suggest if you are 'cold' emailed (emailed out of the blue) requesting a trade to be sure and check the Rate and Review forum. If in doubt, either do not trade or maybe ask the cold emailing member to mail first. Asking them to send first would IMHO not be asking too much if 'you' have what 'they' are especially wanting.

You might also suggest that they post to the appropriate board, posting their want (which you have) along with what they have to offer.

There are a 'couple' of pesky individuals out there who reinvent themselves from time to time. I want to encourage all to do what you can to protect yourselves from them that you don't become victim.

We all know that the percentage of fabulous/great/good, average trades far outnumber the below average/poor or even no show trades.

This is in no way meant to alarm folks...just bringing the Rate and Review forum up front and center.

It is also a reminder that after you complete a trade, to be sure and do a review on it. Newbies want and need to get themselves established as traders.

The other occasional disappointing trade also needs to be posted...tactfully and as briefly as one wants to make it. Hopefully there will never be another one though.

If anyone ever has any questions regarding trading feel free to email me. I can still remember being a newbie, and those veteran members who helped and watched over me. You know who you are...and thanks again.

Sue...resident busybody.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rate and Review (trades) Forum

Comments (24)

Sponsored