SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy645

Rate & Review Forum

kathy645
14 years ago

Although this sort of relates to another thread on this forum, I thought it might deserve stand-alone status.

I was checking in the R&R Forum tonight because of a thread here and am somewhat disturbed that many of my posts are missing--hopefully temporarily, but who knows. I am a little behind in my R&Rs but doing a search on my name says I have only rated 9 members since joining. That is wrong and strange. I also noticed that no one had rated me yet. I'm okay with that as long as I'm doing everything I'm supposed to on the forums. Hopefully, I'm not disappointing anyone. (Please excuse the insecure moment.)

Anyway, Sue (because you are dependable reading these posts), I know I left a Rate for you for one of your generous newbie offers. (I've wintersowed much of what you sent and have my fingers crossed.) I may even be able to give you the date of that posting--when I can get to my GW notebook. When I pull up your name, it says on the "search" page that the last entry was Feb. 2010 (I think) and yet it will only show me to July 09. I think that's a problem. So is everything since July 09 gone including my post? Or can other people see up to Feb 2010? Is that why a search of my name does not bring up your name as one I have rated?

To relate this to another thread, I have no problem sending first in any trade. It makes sense to me that as a newbie I should send first to anyone who has been with the forum longer than I have. It's the respect your elders rule (not age related). My problem is that I think I have rated about 20 members since October and the system is only showing 9. The number of times I have rated others is semi important to show that I am active and have not gotten negative reviews by anyone even if I haven't been rated myself. It gives members a way of checking with another member to ask how a trade went. I know that a lot of my transactions were responding to beaps and quite probably wouldn't be remembered, but I generally said in the body of the review whether I responded to an offer or trade.

Any insights from other members is appreciated. Thanks.

Kathy

Comments (5)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor