SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jensnatpat

Are we being fair???

JensNatPat
12 years ago

Is someone so crazy that you can't think they could possibly be that crazy so it makes you think you are the crazy one???

BM is supposed to cover health ins. Court ordered.

DH took it over when she quit her job. She started working full time a year later and we never asked her to take the health ins. back because why change it if no need to. DH then lost his job a month ago. He asked her to take health ins. back and she said ok no problem.

We find out yesterday (a month later) she never signed her up. She said she was unable to add her to her "free" state healthcare (whatever that means, she works full time). DH told her to get health insurance through her job and she said no b/c she'd have to pay for it. Imagine that. So I put her on my insurance. (She has possible Lyme and is going to the dr. tomorrow).

We sent an email to BM as we've had problems in the past with getting her to help pay for out of pocket.

We asked her to pay out of pocket expenses and nothing else. The kid is relatively healthy so she needs about $75 worth of copays a year for well checks/dentist. Add in another $200 or so for shots or cavities or whatnot. (I'm not counting all the frivolous co-pays she creates for taking her to appointments for imaginary ailments)

We pay $550 year to cover her. So BM is making out in our proposal.

She said since SD lives with her most days she doesn't feel she should have to pay 100% of copays because she takes on the brunt of the financial burden of raising her. Um duh does DH not pay CS??? So she wants us to pay 1/2 of all copays as well.

So she thinks DH should cover cost of coverage AND pay 1/2 on top of that.

Please tell me I'm not crazy.

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!