SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

plans to suit only her

mom2emall
16 years ago

I have posted on here before because my stepchildren's bio mom drives me CRAZY! Well for those of you who do not know from my other posts my husband and I have sole custody of their 3 kids. She has no visitation on paper.

Anyways, she lives out of state and wanted to take the kids this summer. My hubby and his ex's parents have corresponded through e-mail about this visit, because his ex and kids will be staying with the grandparents. We had vacations planned this summer and my husband and I had already booked these vacations before she brought up taking the kids. So, we e-mailed the grandparents and gave them dates that the kids could go there. We gave them a 3 week period that the kids could visit. My husband also included which days we would like them to leave here and come home, so the dates correspond with our work schedules and getting them to and from the airport.

Well we thought everything would work out. Then their biomoms new man decides he is in charge of talking to my hubby about plans and tries changing dates. My hubby told him that the dates we gave are what will work. The boyfriend said that if the kids stayed a week longer the airfare would be cheaper, so my husband bent. We already had plans for a long weekend out of town with the kids during that time, but my hubby said we could change it! I bit my tongue. But my husband did tell him that the leaving date could not change because of prior plans and our work schedules.

So the grandparents send us the itinerary and we see that the kids are leaving a week earlier than we said, and on a day that we can not get them to the airport. They never cleared this with us! So he e-mailed the grandparents and they said that their daughter told them we okayed the dates and they already put out money for airfare and it is too expensive to change and CANT WE JUST WORK WITH THEM A LITTLE BIT!!! The nerve! We get no child support from their daughter, and she rarely calls the kids. And they tell us to work with them! So I checked the airline website and found out the boyfriend lied to us, the dates we gave were actually cheaper. The extra time there is costing more in airfare! So my hubby sent an e-mail back saying that they lied about airfare discounts for changing the dates, and they should have checked with us before changing the leaving date since he had already said that we could not be flexible on the leaving date. He told them to change the dates to exactly what we wanted in the first place, or they could cancel the trip altogether. That was almost 2 weeks ago and the grandparents have not responded. The tickets that they bought schedule the kids to leave in less than 2 weeks.

My question...should my hubby call and ask them if they are changing the tickets or canceling the trip. Or should he just wait till they try to confirm the trip at the last minute and remind them of his previous e-mails and tell them too bad? I have a feeling that they are ignoring the situation and thinking we will fold at the last minute.

My feelings are that they can not make plans without taking our schedules into consideration. And as much as it will be sad for the kids not to go, well they have not seen their mom in a long time anyways. So there is not much of a difference. And their mom needs to realize that we have the kids and take care of them on a daily basis so our schedules matter. She should never have lied to her parents and told them we okayed dates that we did not okay! Plus according to court papers we don't have to let the kids go anyways! What do you think?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH