SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
both_gw

Have some questions about reupholstering could use some advice.

both
13 years ago

I realy want to reupholster two victorian couches in gray velvet and a setee in a print upholstery. I have never reupholstered anything. I have read some books on it and watched some youtube movies. I am going to start with the setee as it is the smallest and the smallest amount of fabric wasted it it does not go well. So after looking around and reading I am looking for some advice.

1. How bad is it to use 100% cotton? I will be getting a gray velvet that is a cotton poly mix. For the setee I can't find anything I like that will go with gray velvet but one print. It is 100% cotton. I will prewash it and if it only last 5 plus years due to wear and tear I could reupholster it again.

2. I have a finishing nail gun and compressor. Do I have to get a nail gun specific for upholstery or can I use my finishing nail gun? I think it is the wire nails that are recomended for upholstery.

3. I live in Chicago and can not find any upholstery classes anywhere in the area!! If anyone knows of any please share with me.

Thanks for any advice. Amy

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County