SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monroviamom

Lions & Tigers & Bears...Baseboards, Door Trim & tile...Oh My!

15 years ago

We live in a 1977 track (nice), contemporary style home in Southern CA. We have slowly taken on a few home projects -- we completed (mostly) our Kitchen/Family renovation approximately 6 months ago & are currently working on a guest bathroom project.

My dilemma is with the baseboards. We have now finished the flooring (18 inch tile on the diamond) that covers a great deal of our downstairs area (except living room). The original (now removed) builders grade, 1 1/2 inch plain baseboards matched what was used in the doorways. What do people do now? Do they tie the two together? Our windows are plain & do not have any trim (which I like). I'm wanting something simple, clean & contemporary. We have also added french doors to our backyard & will need to install some sort of door trim on that as well, & frankly, I'm not sure what direction to take for either the floor or the doors. Help! What material should we use (or stay away from)? Size? We will be painting it white. Any advice is welcome!

Comments (4)