SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
franksmom_2010

Help me decide- painted furniture

franksmom_2010
13 years ago

I'm painting all of our bedroom furniture. Better/newer/different furniture isn't in the budget anytime soon, so I'm making do with what I've got. We have cream colored walls, beige carpet, and the quilt and curtain fabric looks like this:

The colors read more of a blue on my screen, but in person, there's definitely a green undertone. It's sort of a pale grayed down teal.

There are two tall chests of drawers on opposite walls, a pair of nightstands, and a wooden chair. There's also a small chest at the foot of the bed that's already painted white, and I'm not planning to do anything with it.

I've driven myself nuts over this, so please help me pick paint colors. This is what I've narrowed it down to, but I'm open to other suggestions:

Plan A: paint everything white (I think this is too much)

Plan B: paint the dressers white, the nighstands a color from one of those chips, and the chair a darker cream

Plan C: paint the dressers white, the nightstands cream, and the chair ______ color (blue? celery? teal?)

I'd really like to make the dressers white, so that they could be repurposed somewhere else in the house if/when they get replaced. I've thought about pros and cons of all of the choices, and now I'm just frozen. I don't neccesarily want everything all matchy-matchy, but I'm stuck with these pieces for a while, so they need to be versatile, but I don't want it to be boring.

Comments (7)