SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rlynnek

Step-father advice needed

rlynnek
15 years ago

I am a newly married women & a mother of a 13 year old daughter... My new husband and my daughter have recently bonded more than I could have ever imagined and I am jealous... Is that normal??

Jealous in ways that I feel are normal but seeing as though I have never been in a situation like this I need some help... My daughters father and I were married for 13 years... He did not play a very active role in her life... He was verbally abusive to myself and we lived in chaos most of the time... My daughter has never had that father - daughter bond, she has always been a momma's girl... So is that why she may have taken so much to my current husband??

My current husband is fun & very young at heart.. He's the complete opposite of my ex-husband... My daughter it feels like has shut me out... I just want to know that if there are any other women/moms out there that have ever felt this way... I love my daughter more than anything and it hasn't become a problem yet but I feel shut out and when I tried talking to my husband about it, it didn't go over very well... Can anyone give me some words of advise??

Comments (11)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES