SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
finedreams

Pregnancy and when to tell

finedreams
15 years ago

OK relax I am not pregnant. :)

I wonder what do you think of this.

I talked to my X few days ago and him and TOW (left 2nd wife for her, not me)expecting a baby and how it shows already. We talked about DD being happy. I asked how his son feels about it.

X's response: "I did not tell him yet".

(Huh? Kid is 8-9).

I: "Why didn't you tell?"

X "Well he was traumatized by my and his mom's divorce and it is all too recent, it could be additional stress for him."

I: But can't he see TOW's belly growing?

X: well it is not that big yet.

I: so when he will relaize somehting going on how is going to feel that you are not telling him?

X: Oh everything is all right, he will be fine, we just need more time. (typical X: everything is fine and everybody will be OK)

well, when do you think it is appropriate to tell your children about expecting a new baby? I understand that in these circusmtances maybe not the very first day but not right before the labor! I just wonder when do people tell about expecting a bay with new spouse or SO? And how would it effect children when you do not tell them in approiate time? Kid already was lied to (dad's affair) now he is lied again about her pregnancy. what do you think?

Both I and DD feel very bad for DD's brother and now poor kid does not even know why dad's wife stomach is getting big. How stupid.

so when is it appropriate to tell?

Comments (21)