SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
avesmor_gw

Calling CL pros...

avesmor
12 years ago

I have a LOT of home decor stuff I'd like to get rid of. It's nice stuff (lots of PB, RH, Pier 1, HG, etc.) And there's a lot of it, and most of it still has the tags attached or was never really used. I know I don't have the patience or time for 1-on-1 CL sales (because 90% of the people "for sure going to buy it" end up being no shows -- major CL pet peeve).

I have this idea to post one ad and itemize most everything I want to get rid of with pics, measurements, etc. and just say, "Items can be viewed/purchased on day between hours, no exceptions, no haggling, no holding. You are responsible for loading. We're at address."

Then setting everything up in a garage bay (no CLers in my house, TYVM) and opening shop.

I have some reservations about publicly posting my address, but I'd have to email it to anyone who responded otherwise so anyone wanting it for questionable reasons could still get it.

I've never used CL for anything other than selling 1 thing at a time, a few times. Pretty green still (though I've bought a handful of times).

Anything wrong with doing it this way that I'm not seeing? Any advice?

BTW, dies it matter to you when the seller posts what they paid? I always figure it's a strateg to justify a higher resale price. It never matters to me what they paid, just what I think it's worth... but would you advise including a retail/original price?

Comments (32)