SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evamommy

Help with our 'blank slate'!

15 years ago

Dear all,

I have to say how thrilled I am to have found these forums! It's just too wonderful to have the opportunity to tap into the minds of all you lovely, talented people!

My husband and I are nearing completion of a new home in rural Missouri. A Gambrel-roofed, dutch-colonial style home, with a four-square style floorplan inside, very open. Downstairs there is a formal livingroom in the NW corner that is closed off from the rest of the house, but the other 3 quadrants (Family room in the SW corner, Kitchen in the SE, diningroom in the NE, all three of those wide open to eachother, with just a half-wall between the kitchen and family room.)

I'm looking for paint color ideas for those three connected rooms. I'm planning on soapstone countertops, and have thought about painting my lower cabinets some sort of a light gray-blue (I saw BM Yarmouth Blue on this site, or perhaps RH Atmosphere Blue?...or perhaps with the soapstone, I should be leaning more toward RH silver sage?), and painting just the west and north walls of the dining room that color as well. Does anyone have any recommendations of a good, neutral creamy white or offwhite for the rest of the room/rooms? I'm wanting to keep it pretty light.

Thank you all, so much, in advance!

Carrie

Comment (1)