What color bridesmaid shoes?

fluffybutt

Hello, I am the maid of honor in my friend's small wedding. It's actually going to be at my house in my backyard and basement. Ok, so I had planned on getting some dyed strappy sandal heels to go with my dark purple (lapis from David's Bridal) dress, but now I'm wondering if I should do silver instead? Are dyed shoes considered dated?

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

Do whichever you want. Keep in mind that if you are going to be walking on the grass, that heels can sink down into the soil and be ruined. I would think that the dyed fabric would be more easily damanged too.

Save    
fluffybutt

I ended up finding some really pretty silver shoes that I just love! Thanks for the help, sheilajoyce.

Save    
sweeby

There are some clear plastic heel covers you can buy -- they were mentioned here - don't recall the name. But anyway, they just slip over your heels, giving you a bit more width so you won't 'spike' the grass with every step, and also keep your heels from getting ruined. Might be worth looking into --

Save    
gellchom

I have them and they do work great. They come with a little case, too, so they don't get your pocketbook dirty. The ones I have are called Sole Mates. But there are other brands, too, including new ones that weren't available when I bought mine, so there may be even better ones.

Save    
emynia

silver would be best...

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Media Rooms Get It Done: Organize the Media Cabinet
Ditch the worn-out VHS tapes, save valuable storage space and find hidden gems with this quick weekend spruce-up
Full Story
Feel-Good Home The Well-Stocked Minimalist
The trick is to have just enough of the right stuff at home — no more, no less. Here’s how to do it
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More